Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thailand-July 19, 2010

Today I visited Satri Witthaya School. The Principal, Dr. Kasem Sodngam, is a former Minister of Education. He is a very impressive educational leader.
Satriwitthaya 2 School is a co-ed middle school under the royal patronage of the King’s Mother with the total amount of 80 rai, which is really a large area. So large that one cannot comfortably walk the entire perimeter and the principal has offices in several buildings. There are 5,631 students. You can view more information at the following web site ( http://www.sw2.ac.th/ ). Once again I was treated royally and a reception was held in my honor. A group of students prepared a dynamic power point presentation, which they delivered using excellent conversational English skills. A special traditional Thai dance was performed by students who were not only elegant and artistic but also very beautiful. One of the students is a real movie star!!! This school has received an outstanding academic rating and I can definitely understand why!

5 comments:

  1. Each day seems to bring more exciting adventures than the previous. I know its hard to sleep anticipating what new experiences are coming next. Enjoy each and every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you saying the school campus is larger than the whole town of Brooklyn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Parks I know with different cultures their method of educating their kids are so different and this is the second school that you have visited and I really want to know what make their students interested in their studies that they exceed so well academically. Spelling don't count.

    Vanessa R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different educational systems are interesting to see. Let's learn from each other so that we can teach the children of the world. Rather than working independently let's work together as a body

    Steve milligan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was there with you Thailand and I wish I was a real movie star.
    Dreunna Loston

    I wish that I was a real movie star.
    Gracen Gaskins

    5th and 4th grade

    ReplyDelete